As I have written in our last post about the Ketogenic diet; Obesity in India has reached epidemic proportions in the 21st century, with obesity affecting 5% of the country’s population. Obesity increases the chances of various diseases and conditions, particularly cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, certain types of cancer, osteoarthritis, and depression. That’s why we have to keep body fat away from our body. The Ketogenic diet has become one of the most popular methods to shed excess fat and improve fitness.
Importance of Macronutrients
While following Ketogenic Diet you have to eat an adequate amount of protein and fat. Less amount of protein cause muscle loss and high amount of protein will kick you out of ketosis through gluconeogenesis. While following a ketogenic diet, carbs should be reduced to below 30 grams per day.
Every diet should be calculated based on macronutrients not on calories because not all calories are same.
Requirement of Macronutrients
|Activity level||Protein Per kg||Fat Per kg||Carbs in the day|
To enter into ketosis, you have to eat less than 30g of carbohydrates. You should eat fats & protein in every meal you consume, keeping carbohydrates as low as possible
Here is list of Keto friendly food:
- Macadamia/Brazil Nuts
- Coconut Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Macadamia Oil
- MCT Oil
- Whole eggs
- All meats
- Heavy whipping cream
Spices and Cooking
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
Condiments and Sauces
- Ketchup (choose low, or no sugar added)
- Hot Sauce
- Mayonnaise (choose cage-free and avocado oil where possible)
- Sauerkraut (choose low, or no sugar added)
- Relish (choose low, or no sugar added)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salad Dressings (choose fattier dressings like ranch, caesar, and unsweetened vinaigrettes)
- Flavored Syrups (choose acceptable sweeteners)
Steps to follow Ketogenic diet
- Determine your goal
- Measure your bodyweight
- Refer above table and calculate your protein and fat.
- Distribute total protein in 3-4 meals a day
- Go to shopping to buy required foods
- Start your diet and get awesome results
Click here for sample diet plan
Comment below if you like this post.
If you have any queries regarding to fitness email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually post update about our new blog post on Instagram.
Follow us on Instagram: @fitnationplus
If you want to improve yourself and want proper guidance you can get it here